Fiancé(e) Visas

If you are living in your home county, your other half is a U.S. citizen, and both of you decide you should come to the United States to live together as husband and wife, a fiancé(e) visa can be a solution. When you obtain the fiancé(e) visa, you have to enter into the United States … Read more

Deportation Defense

Deportation defense can also be called crimmigration. And crimmigration stands for Criminal Immigration. Crimmigration is when a person who has a green card (is not a U.S. citizen) did something that landed him or her in court and there can be convictions and prison time involved. After that person serves time in prison, it is … Read more

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

What is DACA? On June 15, 2012, President Obama signed a memo that allows certain people who came into the United States before they were 16 years old to apply for deferred action. What is Deferred Action? Deferred action means that a person who is in the United States illegally is allowed to remain in … Read more

Removing Conditions on Your Green Card

If you got married and you got your green card through that marriage in less than 2 years after the marriage, immigration places conditions on your green card for 2 years. Those conditions must be removed for you to have permanent residence in the United States. The conditions must be removed before the 2 years … Read more

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

You are married. You don’t have a green card. If the person you are married to is abusing you, continue reading. Fear no more. You don’t need the help of your abuser to get your green card. A lawyer can help you get your green card. Thanks to VAWA. What is VAWA? VAWA stands for … Read more