DACA stands for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. If someone took you to the United States when you were a child and you are undocumented (you don’t have “papers” to be in the U.S.), you may be eligible to apply for “deferred action.” Deferred action means immigration will not attempt to deport a person for the period of time the person is granted this action.

You have to meet certain requirements. If you are granted deferred action, you will be able to work in the U.S. and enjoy some other benefits for a period of time. And you may be able to renew deferred action when it expires.