Removing Conditions on Your Green Card

If you got married and you got your green card through that marriage in less than 2 years after the marriage, immigration places conditions on your green card for 2 years. Those conditions must be removed for you to have permanent residence in the United States.

The conditions must be removed before the 2 years expire, and your spouse has to file the application with you to remove those conditions.

What if the marriage ends before those 2 years expire?

What if your spouse is abusing you?

What if it would be extremely difficult for you to return to your home county?

Whether you and your spouse need to remove the conditions on your green card or you answer “yes” to any or all of the questions above, you may need help from an immigration lawyer. You don’t have to go through it all by yourself. Feel free to contact Laroche Law Office, LLC at 617-553-2849 or for assistance.


Comments are closed.